Cancer Channel
Related Channels

Uterine Cancer Treatment

Remembering Questions and Answers

Many women with uterine cancer want to take an active part in making decisions about their medical care and their treatment. However, the shock and stress after a uterine cancer diagnosis can make it hard to think of everything to ask the doctor. Some patients find that it is helpful to make a list of questions before an appointment.
(Click Uterine Cancer Questions for a list of questions to ask your doctor.)

Specialists Involved in Treating Uterine Cancer

There are usually several healthcare providers involved in a woman's uterine cancer treatment. Healthcare providers may refer patients to doctors who specialize in treating uterine cancer, or patients may ask for a referral. Specialists who treat uterine cancer include:
  • Gynecologic oncologists
  • Medical oncologists
  • Radiation oncologists.

Getting a Second Opinion

Sometimes it is helpful to get a second opinion about the uterine cancer diagnosis and the treatment plan. While some insurance companies require a second opinion, others may cover a second opinion if the patient or doctor requests it.

Uterine Cancer Treatment Options

The doctor is the best person to describe the uterine cancer treatment choices and to discuss the expected results. Doctors and patients should work together to develop a treatment plan that fits the patient's needs.
Depending on the type and extent of uterine cancer, women may have:
  • Surgery
  • Radiation therapy
  • Hormonal therapy
  • A combination of these methods.
(Click Uterine Cancer Treatment by Stage for more information about the treatment options based on the stage of the disease.)
7 Natural Ways to Reduce Your Cancer Pain

Uterine Cancer Treatments

Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2020 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.