Alternative Treatment for Thyroid Cancer
Patients should discuss the possible benefits and harmful effects of any alternative treatment for thyroid cancer before trying it. Questions to ask your doctor include:
- What benefits can I expect from this approach?
- What are its risks?
- Do the expected benefits outweigh the risks?
- What side effects should I watch for?
- Will this alternative method change the way my current thyroid cancer treatment works?
- Could this treatment be harmful?
- Is this approach under study in a clinical trial? If so, who sponsors the trial?
- Will my health insurance pay for this approach?