Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with SUTENT include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take SUTENT with or without food.
- SUTENT should be swallowed whole. Do not crush, chew, cut, or open the capsules.
- Try to take your dose at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream. Taking it at the same time will also help you remember to take your dose.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while taking this medication.
- For SUTENT to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
The dose of SUTENT your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The reason you are taking it
- How you respond to it
- Other medications you may be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click SUTENT Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of SUTENTJust like any medicine, SUTENT can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well. If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of SUTENT include but are not limited to:
- Weakness or lack of energy
(Click SUTENT Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)