Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease other than liver cancer
- Kidney disease other than kidney cancer
- A history of heart attack or chest pain (angina)
- Heart problems, including heart failure or a heart condition known as QT prolongation
- An irregular heartbeat
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A history of a bleeding problem
- Plans to have surgery
- Lung cancer
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Nexavar and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Nexavar and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Sorafenib to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing Information for SorafenibThe dose of sorafenib your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on how well you tolerate the medication. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Sorafenib Dosage for more information.)