Nucynta ER Side Effects
Seizures, hallucinations, and severe constipation are some of the potentially serious side effects of Nucynta ER that require medical treatment. However, most reactions to this medication tend to be minor and easily treated. Clinical studies on Nucynta ER have shown that nausea, dizziness, and headaches are some of the most commonly reported side effects of this drug.
An Introduction to Nucynta ER Side EffectsJust like any medicine, Nucynta® ER (tapentadol ER) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Nucynta ER. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Common Side Effects of Nucynta ERNucynta ER has been studied extensively in clinical trials. In these studies, one group of people received the real medication, while another group was given a placebo (a "sugar pill" that does not contain any active ingredients). As a result, it was possible to see what side effects occurred, how often they appeared, and how they compared to the placebo.
In these studies, the most common Nucynta ER side effects included:
- Nausea -- in up to 27 percent of people
- Constipation -- up to 17 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 18 percent
- Headaches -- up to 15 percent
- Drowsiness -- up to 14 percent
- Fatigue -- up to 9 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 12 percent
- Itching -- up to 8 percent
- Diarrhea -- up to 7 percent
- Dry mouth -- up to 7 percent
- Decreased appetite -- up to 6 percent.
Other common reactions, occurring in 1 to 5 percent of people, included but were not limited to:
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Lethargy (lack of energy)
- Difficulty paying attention
- Shakiness (tremors)
- General weakness
- Abnormal dreams
- Increased sweating
- A rash
- Decreased appetite
- Spinning sensation (vertigo)
- Hot flashes
- Blurred vision
- Shortness of breath
- Erectile dysfunction (ED), also known as impotence.