Nolvadex Drug Interactions
If certain medications are taken with Nolvadex, drug interactions may occur. These interactions can increase your risk for certain side effects, alter the levels of medication in your blood, and affect the drugs' effectiveness. If Nolvadex drug interactions are a concern, your healthcare provider may adjust your dosages or monitor you more closely.
An Overview of Nolvadex Drug InteractionsNolvadex® (tamoxifen citrate) can potentially interact with other medications. Some of these medicines that may lead to Nolvadex drug interactions include:
- Aminoglutethimide (Cytadren®)
- Anastrozole (Arimidex®)
- Bromocriptine (Parlodel®)
- Certain anticonvulsants, including:
- Chemotherapy medications
- Estrogens or other hormone replacement therapy
- Letrozole (Femara®)
- Oral contraceptives (birth control pills)
- Rifamycin antibiotics, including rifabutin (Mycobutin®), rifampin (Rifadin®), and rifapentine (Priftin®)
- Warfarin (Coumadin®, Jantoven®).