Multiple Myeloma Questions
For people who have recently been diagnosed with multiple myeloma, questions of all sorts may come to mind; however, the shock and stress that often follow such a diagnosis can make it hard to think of all of the questions people may have for the doctor. Some patients find that it is helpful to make a list of multiple myeloma questions before their appointment with their doctor. The following article contains a list of questions that people with multiple myeloma may wish to ask their doctor.
Multiple Myeloma Questions: An Introduction
Many people with multiple myeloma want to take an active part in making decisions about their medical care and their multiple myeloma treatment. However, the shock and stress that often accompany a multiple myeloma diagnosis can make it hard to think of everything to ask the doctor. Some patients find that it is helpful to make a list of questions before their appointment with their doctor.
Multiple Myeloma Questions to Ask Before a Biopsy
Multiple myeloma questions to ask your doctor before a biopsy include the following:
- What type of biopsy will I have? Why?
- Where will I have my biopsy?
- How long will it take? Will I be awake? Will it hurt?
- Are there any risks? What are the chances of infection or bleeding after the procedure?
- How long will it take me to recover?
- How soon will I know the results?
- Are there any risks? What is the chance of infection or bleeding afterward?
- If I do have cancer, who will talk with me about treatment? When?