Recommendations for Alternative Multiple Myeloma Treatment
Patients should discuss the possible benefits and risks of alternative treatment for multiple myeloma
with their doctor prior to trying them. Questions to ask the doctor about alternative multiple myeloma treatment
include the following:
- What benefits can I expect from this approach?
- What are its risks?
- Do the expected benefits outweigh the risks?
- What side effects should I watch for?
- Will this alternative treatment change the way my cancer treatment works?
- Could this alternative treatment be harmful?
- Is this approach under study in a multiple myeloma clinical trial?
- If so, who sponsors the trial?
- Will my health insurance pay for this approach?