Cancer Home > Zuplenz
Side Effects of ZuplenzJust like any medicine, Zuplenz can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medicine will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
Drug InteractionsZuplenz can potentially interact with a number of medicines (see Zuplenz Drug Interactions for more information).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider before taking this drug if you have:
- Liver problems, including cirrhosis
- An arrhythmia (an irregular heart rhythm), especially long QT syndrome
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zuplenz and Pregnancy).
- Are breastfeeding (see Zuplenz and Breastfeeding).
- Have severe or constant nausea or vomiting that does not improve with Zuplenz. Also, talk with your healthcare provider if you are vomiting blood.
- Have severe vomiting and diarrhea. This combination of problems can lead to dehydration and electrolyte imbalances.