Cancer Home > Zuplenz
- The medication comes as a small film that dissolves in the mouth.
- Zuplenz should be taken 30 minutes before the start of chemotherapy. Your healthcare provider may recommend that you take additional doses after the first one.
- The medication should be taken one to two hours before radiation. The dose given after radiation will depend on the type of radiation received.
- Zuplenz should be taken one hour before surgery begins.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Place the film on your tongue, where it will dissolve within 4 to 20 seconds. After it has dissolved, swallow (with or without liquid). Wash your hands after taking the dose.
- If you take two or three films for a single dose, make sure to let the first one dissolve completely before taking another one.
- For Zuplenz to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Zuplenz your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are taking.