Cancer Home > Zortress
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Zortress include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth twice a day, with about 12 hours between doses.
- You can take Zortress with food or on an empty stomach; however, always take it the same way.
- Zortress tablets should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, chew, or crush the tablets.
- This medication is always taken with cyclosporine. You should take your Zortress and cyclosporine doses at the same time.
- Take your doses at the same times each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medication or your other anti-rejection medications without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- Which type of transplant you have (liver or kidney)
- How you respond to Zortress
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you have.