Cancer Home > Zolinza
Dosing InformationThe dose of Zolinza your healthcare provider recommends will be based largely on how well you tolerate the medicine. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Side Effects of ZolinzaJust like any chemotherapy medicine, Zolinza can cause side effects, some of which can be quite significant. In fact, the majority of people who use this drug will experience some type of reaction during treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about ways to prevent or treat certain side effects of this medicine.
- An abnormal taste in the mouth
- Loss of appetite.
Drug InteractionsZolinza may react with several other medicines (see Zolinza Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Ever had a blood clot in a vein or lung
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Diabetes, prediabetes, or high blood sugar levels
- Been told you have low or high levels of potassium or magnesium
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zolinza and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Zolinza and Breastfeeding).