Cancer Home > Zolinza Dosage
Although the recommended dosage of Zolinza for treating cutaneous T-cell lymphoma is usually 400 mg taken by mouth once daily, this amount may be reduced if you develop bothersome side effects. This prescription chemotherapy drug comes in the form of capsules and should be taken with food. It is also important to drink at least eight glasses of fluid each day to help avoid dehydration.
An Introduction to Dosing With ZolinzaThe dose of Zolinza® (vorinostat) your healthcare provider recommends will be based largely on how well you tolerate the medicine. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Recommended Zolinza Dosage?The usual recommended dosage of Zolinza for treating cutaneous T-cell lymphoma is 400 mg once daily. Your healthcare provider may reduce this amount to 300 mg once daily, or even 300 mg five days a week, if you experience bothersome side effects. Treatment usually continues as long as the medicine is working and is not causing serious side effects.
General Information on Taking ZolinzaSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Zolinza include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You should take Zolinza with food.
- Try to take your dose at about the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- Zolinza should be swallowed whole; do not open, crush, or chew the capsules.
- Try to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid each day during treatment to help prevent dehydration.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking it without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Zolinza dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.