Cancer Home > Zevalin
Side Effects of ZevalinJust like any medicine, Zevalin can cause side effects, some of which can be significant. Although not everyone who receives this medicine will have problems, most people will experience some type of adverse reaction to this drug.
- Low blood cell counts
- Common cold symptoms
- Abdominal (stomach) pain.
Drug InteractionsZevalin may react with several other medicines (see Zevalin Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- An infection or get infections easily
- Plans to receive a vaccination
- A history of a severe reaction to rituximab
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zevalin and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Zevalin and Breastfeeding).