Cancer Home > Vismodegib Dosage
There is only one standard dosage of vismodegib, regardless of other medical conditions you have or how much you weigh. When treating basal cell carcinoma, 150 mg is taken by mouth once daily. This medicine comes in capsule form, and can be taken with or without food. Treatment usually continues until the cancer progresses or serious side effects occur.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of VismodegibThere is only one standard recommended dose of vismodegib (Erivedge™), regardless of your weight or other medical conditions. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Vismodegib Dosing GuidelinesThe standard recommended dosage of vismodegib for the treatment of basal cell carcinoma is 150 mg once a day. Treatment is normally continued until the cancer progresses or intolerable side effects occur.
General Information on Taking VismodegibSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with vismodegib include the following:
- Vismodegib comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take your vismodegib dosage with or without food.
- Try to take your dose at about the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- Vismodegib capsules should be swallowed whole. Do not open or crush them.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or vismodegib dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.