Cancer Home > Vemurafenib
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure
- A history of skin cancer
- Frequent sun exposure
- An irregular heartbeat
- A heart condition known as QT prolongation or long QT syndrome
- Been told you have low blood electrolytes, such as low blood magnesium, calcium, or potassium levels
- Eye problems, including eye conditions known as uveitis or iritis
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zelboraf and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Zelboraf and Breastfeeding).