Cancer Home > Triptorelin
- This medication is given as a single injection into the muscle (an intramuscular, or IM, injection). It is usually given once every one, three, or six months, depending on the particular triptorelin product used.
- The injection will be given by your healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a doctor's office or clinic.
- The injection is given into the muscle of either buttock. The specific injection site will alternate with each dose.
- Triptorelin must be mixed with sterile water before administration. The injection should be given immediately after the drug is mixed.
- Triptorelin should not be used if the vial is damaged, contains particles, or is cloudy or discolored.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Do not stop using it because you feel better. Stopping treatment will cause your symptoms to return.