Cancer Home > Trexall Drug Interactions
When certain medications (such as Advil, aspirin, or Pepto-Bismol) are taken with Trexall, drug interactions can occur. These interactions can change the way Trexall is absorbed in the body. In some cases, these reactions can increase your risk of liver damage, severe toxicity, and even death. Therefore, make sure your healthcare provider is aware of all your current medications before starting Trexall.
An Overview of Interactions With TrexallTrexall™ (methotrexate) may interact with a number of other medicines. The products that may lead to drug interactions with Trexall can include but are not limited to:
- Azathioprine (Azasan®, Imuran®)
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as:
- Phenytoin (Dilantin®, Phenytek®)
- Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), including:
- Retinoids, such as:
- Salicylates, such as:
- Theophylline (Uniphyl®, Theocron®, TheoCap®, Theo-24®, Elixophyllin®).