Cancer Home > Sipuleucel-T Side Effects
Some of the possible side effects of sipuleucel-T include constipation, back pain, and fatigue. In most cases, reactions to this medicine tend to be minor and easily treated. However, there are also some problems that are potentially serious and should be reported to a healthcare provider right away, including problems breathing, vomiting, and numbness or weakness of the face, arms, or legs.
An Introduction to Side Effects of Sipuleucel-TJust like any medicine, sipuleucel-T (PROVENGE®) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who receives the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with sipuleucel-T. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Sipuleucel-T Side EffectsSome side effects of sipuleucel-T are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Severe reactions from the sipuleucel-T infusion, which may include:
- Signs of a stroke, such as:
- A sudden, severe headache
- Numbness or weakness of the face, arms, or legs (especially on one side of the body)
- Speech or vision problems
- Chest pain (angina)
- An irregular, rapid, or forcefully beating heart
- Tingling, pricking, or numbing sensations of the skin
- Signs of anemia, such as:
- Pale skin
- Shortness of breath
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.