Cancer Home > Precautions and Warnings With Propoxyphene Napsylate
Propoxyphene napsylate may cause irregular breathing, a decrease in blood pressure, and other potentially serious complications. It is important to follow the dosing guidelines for this drug carefully, as taking too much can cause a lethal overdose within a matter of minutes. Other precautions and warnings with propoxyphene napsylate include potential drug interactions and possible dangers of taking it while pregnant or breastfeeding.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Lung disease of any sort
- A head injury or high intercranial pressure
- Suicidal tendencies
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- A bowel obstruction (blockage)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant