Cancer Home > Pazopanib
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- An irregular heartbeat or a heart condition known as QT prolongation or long QT syndrome
- Heart disease
- A history of heart attack or chest pain
- A history of stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA or mini-stroke)
- A history of bleeding in your stomach, intestines, or brain, or you have coughed up blood in the past six months
- An underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)
- Had surgery in the past seven days or have an upcoming surgery
- A tear in your stomach or intestines (a perforation) or an abnormal connection between two parts of your gastrointestinal tract (a fistula)
- Been told you have abnormal amounts of protein in your urine
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Votrient and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Votrient and Breastfeeding).