Cancer Home > Oxymorphone ER
How Does It Work?Oxymorphone ER tablets are specially designed to release oxymorphone over an extended period of time. As a result, you can take oxymorphone ER just twice a day, rather than taking short-acting oxymorphone (Opana®) many times a day.
- Pain relief
- Slowing of the digestive tract
- Cough suppression
- Release of histamine (which often causes itching)
- Unusual unpleasant feelings (dysphoria) or unusual pleasant feelings (euphoria)
- Decreased breathing (slow or shallow breathing)
- Certain changes in the circulatory system
- Physical dependence.