Cancer Home > Ontak Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome side effects of Ontak are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of an allergic reaction or an infusion reaction (a reaction that happens while receiving or soon after your dose), such as:
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Chest pain
- Fast heartbeat
- Dizziness or fainting
- Swelling of the mouth, tongue, face, lips, or throat
- Signs of thyroid problems, such as:
- Vision problems, including loss of color vision
- Low blood pressure (hypotension), which could cause dizziness or fainting, especially when standing up
- Swelling of the arms, legs, ankles, or feet
- Unexplained rapid weight gain
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Ontak or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.