Cancer Home > Nucynta ER
Side Effects of Nucynta ERJust like any medicine, Nucynta ER may cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. Most people tolerate it quite well. If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Drug InteractionsNucynta ER may react with several other medicines (see Nucynta ER Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Gallbladder or pancreatic disease
- Lung disease of any sort
- A head injury or high intracranial pressure
- Severe abdominal (stomach) pain
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Nucynta ER and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Nucynta ER and Breastfeeding).