Cancer Home > Nucynta ER Dosage
General Information on Taking Nucynta ERSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Nucynta ER include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth every 12 hours.
- Nucynta ER dosages can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- Do not crush, chew, split, or dissolve the tablets, as this will cause a dangerous amount of medication to be released too quickly.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Nucynta ER.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose without your healthcare provider's approval.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Nucynta ER dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider. Stopping it too abruptly may lead to withdrawal symptoms.