Cancer Home > Nilutamide Side Effects
Some of the possible side effects of nilutamide include nausea, constipation, and insomnia. In most cases, reactions to this medicine tend to be minor and easily treated. However, there are also some problems that are potentially serious and should be reported to a healthcare provider immediately, including chest pain, shortness of breath, and excessive tiredness.
An Introduction to Side Effects of NilutamideJust like any medicine, nilutamide (Nilandron®) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with nilutamide. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Nilutamide Side EffectsSome side effects of nilutamide are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Blood in the urine or an inability to urinate
- Mood changes, such as depression or anxiety
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, with or without a cough
- Chest pain (angina)
- Swelling in your ankles, legs, or feet
- Fatigue, shortness of breath, pale skin, and headaches, which may be signs of anemia
- Numbness, tingling, or pricking sensations of the skin
- Signs of liver problems, such as:
- Dark urine
- Loss of appetite
- Fatigue or excessive tiredness
- Pain in the upper-right areas of the abdomen (stomach)
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.