Cancer Home > Nilutamide Dosage
The standard dosage of nilutamide for advanced prostate cancer is 300 mg once daily for 30 days, followed by 150 mg once a day thereafter. This medicine is approved for men who have had undergone surgical castration and is usually started the day of or the day after surgery. Nilutamide comes in tablet form and should be taken at the same time every day.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of NilutamideThere is only one standard recommended dose of nilutamide (Nilandron®) for advanced prostate cancer. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Nilutamide Dosing Guidelines for Prostate CancerThe usual recommended nilutamide dose for advanced prostate cancer is 300 mg once a day for 30 days, followed by 150 mg once a day thereafter. Nilutamide is used in combination with surgical castration (surgical removal of the testicles). Treatment with nilutamide should start the day of or the day after surgery.
General Information on Taking NilutamideSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with nilutamide include the following:
- Nilutamide comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Try to take your dose at the same time each day, to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- Nilutamide can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it upsets your stomach.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking this medicine because you feel better.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or nilutamide dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.