Cancer Home > Nilotinib
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- An irregular heartbeat
- A heart condition known as QT prolongation or long QT syndrome
- Heart disease, such as congestive heart failure
- A history of pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)
- Been told you have low blood magnesium or potassium levels (hypomagnesemia or hypokalemia)
- A lactose intolerance (an inability to digest dairy products)
- Had surgery to remove your stomach (called a total gastrectomy)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Tasigna and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Tasigna and Breastfeeding).
Dosing Information for NilotinibThe dose of nilotinib your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Whether you have been previously treated for leukemia
- Whether you experience side effects
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are taking.