Cancer Home > Morphine Sulfate/Naltrexone Hydrochloride
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking It?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking morphine sulfate/naltrexone hydrochloride if you have:
- A head injury or high intracranial pressure
- Severe abdominal (stomach) pain
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- Gallbladder or pancreas disease
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Addison's disease
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- An enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy, or BPH)
- Lung disease of any sort
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Embeda and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Embeda and Breastfeeding).