Cancer Home > Morphine Sulfate ER Dosage
The morphine sulfate ER dosage you are prescribed will depend on various factors. For example, if you have taken oral morphine before, the dose will be the same on a mg-per-mg basis. Morphine sulfate ER doses are taken around the clock (rather than on an "as needed" basis), usually every 8, 12, or 24 hours.
Morphine Sulfate ER Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of morphine sulfate ER (Avinza®, Kadian®, MS Contin®, Oramorph® SR) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The particular morphine sulfate ER product
- How you respond to morphine sulfate ER
- The type and dose of other painkillers you have taken
- The type and severity of your pain
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.