Cancer Home > Marinol Side Effects
Serious Side EffectsSome Marinol side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Changes in mood, feeling depressed, or feeling emotionally unstable
- Irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Signs or symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as:
- A rash or hives
- Unusual swelling, especially of the mouth or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Marinol or if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.