Cancer Home > Kytril Dosage
For the prevention of nausea and vomiting due to chemotherapy, the recommended Kytril dosage is 2 mg once daily or 1 mg twice daily on the days of chemotherapy. To prevent nausea and vomiting caused by radiation, the recommended dosage is 2 mg once daily. Your Kytril dose should be taken one hour before chemotherapy or radiation.
- Whether you are having radiation or chemotherapy
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
- Kytril comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually one hour before chemotherapy or radiation. When used for radiation, it is taken once daily, and when used for chemotherapy, it is taken once or twice a day.
- Kytril can be taken with or without food. However, you may need to have an empty stomach for your chemotherapy or radiation. Be sure to ask your healthcare provider if you may take Kytril with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Kytril dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.