Cancer Home > Imatinib
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- An irregular heartbeat
- Heart disease, such as congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Lung disease, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- A history of heart attack
- A history of bleeding problems, such as bleeding in the stomach, intestines, or brain
- Thyroid problems, such as an under- or overactive thyroid (hypo- or hyperthyroidism, respectively)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Gleevec and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Gleevec and Breastfeeding).