Cancer Home > Ifosfamide
When and How to Use This MedicineSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with ifosfamide include the following:
- Ifosfamide is given as an intravenous (IV) infusion (a slow injection into a vein). It is usually given once a day for five days every three weeks.
- Ifosfamide is normally given in combination with other medicines. Make sure you understand the instructions for your other medicines as well.
- It will take at least 30 minutes to receive each dose.
- The injection is given by a trained healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a hospital or clinic.
- It is important to stay well hydrated during ifosfamide treatment. You may be given IV fluids or advised to drink water throughout the day. Make sure to follow your healthcare provider's instructions so you drink enough fluids.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing Information for IfosfamideThe dose of ifosfamide your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your height and weight
- How you tolerate the medication
- Other medical conditions you may have.