Cancer Home > Ifosfamide Dosage
General Information on Using IfosfamideSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with ifosfamide include the following:
- Ifosfamide is given as an intravenous (IV) infusion (a slow injection into a vein). It is usually given once a day for five days every three weeks.
- Ifosfamide is normally given in combination with other medicines. Make sure you understand the instructions for your other medicines as well.
- It will take at least 30 minutes to receive each ifosfamide dosage.
- The injection is given by a trained healthcare provider in a healthcare setting, such as a hospital or clinic.
- It is important to stay well hydrated during ifosfamide treatment. You may be given IV fluids or advised to drink large quantities of water throughout the day. Make sure to follow your healthcare provider's instructions so you drink enough fluids.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or ifosfamide dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.