Cancer Home > Histrelin Implant Dosage
General Information on Using Histrelin ImplantsSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with histrelin implants include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a small implant that is inserted via a subcutaneous (just under the skin) injection into the upper inner arm. It is given once a year.
- The implant is inserted during a minor surgical procedure. A healthcare professional will insert the implant in a healthcare setting, such as a doctor's office or clinic.
- You should keep your arm clean and dry for 24 hours after receiving the histrelin implant. Also, do not lift heavy objects or exercise for seven days. This will help the surgical site heal and reduce the chance of the implant being expelled through the incision site.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Make sure to make an appointment with your healthcare provider to have the implant removed after a year.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with histrelin implants, please talk to your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.