Cancer Home > Gliadel
Side Effects of GliadelJust like any medicine, Gliadel can cause side effects. Not everyone who receives the drug will experience problems. However, like other chemotherapy medicines, Gliadel can cause significant side effects in many people. Talk with your healthcare provider about ways to prevent or lessen reactions to this drug.
- Worsening of the condition being treated, such as tumor or cancer progression
- Paralysis on one side of the body
Drug InteractionsGliadel could potentially interact with a few other medicines (see Gliadel Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- Bleeding problems
- An infection
- A seizure disorder (epilepsy)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Gliadel and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Gliadel and Breastfeeding).