Cancer Home > Folotyn
Dosing InformationThe dose of Folotyn your healthcare provider recommends will vary, based on a number of factors, including:
- Your height and weight
- How well you tolerate the medication.
Side Effects of FolotynJust like any chemotherapy medicine, Folotyn can cause side effects, some of which can be quite significant. Talk with your healthcare provider about ways to prevent or lessen side effects.
- Mouth sores
- Low platelet counts, which could cause abnormal bruising or bleeding
Drug InteractionsFolotyn may react with a number of other medicines (see Folotyn Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure
- Low blood cell counts, including low white blood cells or platelets
- An infection or get infections easily
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Folotyn and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Folotyn and Breastfeeding).