Cancer Home > Eulexin Dosage
The guidelines for Eulexin dosing call for 250 mg, three times a day, for a total of 750 mg. This medication is always combined with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist, and both drugs are started at the same time. If you have trouble swallowing the Eulexin capsules, you can open them and sprinkle the contents in applesauce or pudding.
An Introduction to Dosing With EulexinThere is only one standard dosage of Eulexin® (flutamide) for prostate cancer. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Eulexin Dosage for Prostate Cancer?The usual recommended dose for prostate cancer is Eulexin 250 mg three times a day (two 125-mg capsules three times a day), about eight hours apart. This gives a total daily dosage of 750 mg. Eulexin is given in combination with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist, sometimes called a luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LH-RH) agonist, such as:
- Goserelin acetate implant (Zoladex®)
- Histrelin acetate implant (Vantas®)
- Leuprolide acetate (Eligard®, Lupron®, Lupron Depot®)
- Triptorelin (Trelstar®).
General Information on Taking EulexinSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Eulexin include the following:
- This medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth three times a day, about eight hours apart.
- Take your Eulexin doses at about the same times each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- Eulexin can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it upsets your stomach.
- For people who cannot swallow the capsules whole, open the capsules and mix the contents with applesauce, pudding, or a similarly textured food. The food should be consumed immediately after mixing the medicine.
- Eulexin is used in combination with another prostate cancer medicine. The two medicines should be started at the same time. Make sure you know how to use the other medicine, too.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not stop taking it because you feel better.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Eulexin, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.