Cancer Home > Drug Interactions With Estramustine
Several products may cause drug interactions when combined with estramustine. For example, if this chemotherapy medication is taken with certain vaccines, calcium-containing supplements, or echinacea, it may decrease the effectiveness of estramustine or increase your risk for infections or other complications. Make sure your healthcare provider has up-to-date information on any medications and supplements you are taking.
An Overview of Estramustine InteractionsEstramustine phosphate (Emcyt®) may interact with a few other medications. Some of the drugs that can react with estramustine include but are not limited to:
- Amphotericin B (Abelcet®, AmBisome®, Amphotec®)
- Calcium supplements or calcium-containing antacids
- Certain biologic and immunologic medications, such as:
- "Live" vaccinations, such as:
- Sipuleucel-T (Provenge®).