Cancer Home > Erlotinib Dosage
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with erlotinib include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is normally taken by mouth once a day.
- Erlotinib should be taken on an empty stomach at least one hour before or two hours after food.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit while taking this medicine.
- Try to take your dose at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- For erlotinib to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with erlotinib, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.