Cancer Home > Diindolylmethane
Diindolylmethane is a natural breakdown product of cruciferous vegetables (like broccoli and cauliflower) that is formed during digestion in the stomach. It is also available as a dietary supplement. Diindolylmethane supplements are claimed to be beneficial for a variety of conditions, including cancer. Before using the supplement, you should talk to your healthcare provider if you have liver disease, kidney disease, or any allergies.
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Cancer (or a history of cancer)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see DIM and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see DIM and Breastfeeding).