Cancer Home > Diindolylmethane Benefits
There are a number of possible diindolylmethane benefits. The dietary supplement is claimed to be beneficial for preventing various types of cancer, treating premenstrual syndrome, and "balancing" estrogen hormones in the body. However, there is currently not enough evidence to support the effectiveness of these claimed benefits of diindolylmethane. It is also not known whether the supplement is safe for use in children.
- Promoting a beneficial estrogen "balance"
- Preventing various types of cancer, including:
- Preventing an enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Treating endometriosis
- Treating premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Treating chronic breast pain
- Reducing the side effects and risks of estrogen hormone replacement therapy
- Reducing the effects and risks associated with environmental estrogen exposure (such as through the water supply or certain plastics).