Cancer Home > Degarelix Side Effects
A few of the common side effects with degarelix may include reactions at the injection site, such as pain, redness, and swelling. In most cases, reactions to this medicine tend to be minor and easily treated. However, there are also some problems that are potentially serious and should be reported to a healthcare provider immediately, including painful urination, difficulty breathing, or an irregular heartbeat.
An Introduction to Side Effects of DegarelixJust like any medicine, degarelix (Firmagon®) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with degarelix. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Degarelix Side EffectsSome side effects of degarelix are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Difficulty urinating or painful urination
- An irregular heartbeat
- Severe or persistent reactions at the injection site
- Abdominal (stomach) pain or swelling
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.