Cancer Home > Degarelix
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medicine if you have:
- Heart disease, such as heart failure or a heart problem known as congenital long QT syndrome
- An abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- A history of an abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Electrolyte imbalances in your blood, such as low or high calcium, sodium, potassium, or magnesium
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Firmagon and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Firmagon and Breastfeeding).