Cancer Home > Dasatinib
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- A heart condition known as QT prolongation or long QT syndrome
- Heart disease, such as congestive heart failure
- Problems with your immune system
- Been told you have low blood magnesium or potassium levels (hypomagnesemia or hypokalemia)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (high blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs)
- A history of a bleeding problem, such as bleeding in the stomach, intestines, or brain
- A lactose intolerance (an inability to digest dairy products)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Sprycel and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Sprycel and Breastfeeding).
Dosing Information for DasatinibThe dose of dasatinib your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The reason you are taking the medication
- How you respond to it
- Other medications you are taking.