Cancer Home > Cometriq
- This medication comes in the form of a capsule. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Cometriq should be taken on an empty stomach with at least eight ounces of water. Do not eat for at least two hours before and one hour after taking your dose.
- Swallow the capsules whole. Do not crush, chew, or open them.
- Try to take your dose at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- You may need to take different-strength capsules to make up your total daily dose. Make sure you know how many of each capsule to take each day.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit during Cometriq treatment. Doing so could increase your blood levels of the drug, potentially increasing your risk for side effects.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- How you tolerate the medicine
- Other medications you are taking.