Cancer Home > Chemotherapy and Hair Loss
Caring for Your Hair and Scalp During ChemotherapyThere are many things that you can do to care for your scalp and hair during chemotherapy. Some suggestions include:
- Using a mild shampoo.
- Using a soft hairbrush.
- Using low heat when drying your hair.
- Having your hair cut short. A shorter style will make your hair look thicker and fuller. It also will make hair loss easier to manage if it occurs.
- Using a sunscreen, sun block, hat, or scarf to protect your scalp from the sun if you lose hair on your head.
- Avoiding brush rollers to set your hair.
- Avoiding dying, perming, or relaxing your hair.