Cancer Home > CeeNU
Side Effects of CeeNUJust like any chemotherapy medicine, CeeNU can cause side effects, some of which can be significant and potentially serious. In fact, most people will experience some type of side effect during treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about ways to prevent or lessen reactions to this drug.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Decreased platelets, which could increase the risk of bleeding
- Decreased white blood cells, which could increase the risk for infections.
Drug InteractionsCeeNU may react with a number of other medicines (see CeeNU Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Lung disease
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see CeeNU and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see CeeNU and Breastfeeding).