Cancer Home > BiCNU
Side Effects of BiCNUJust like any chemotherapy medicine, BiCNU can cause side effects, some of which can be significant and potentially serious. In fact, most people will experience some type of side effect during treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about ways to prevent or lessen reactions to this drug.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Low white blood cell counts, which could increase the risk for infection
- Low platelet counts, which could increase the risk for bleeding
- Anemia (low red blood cells).
Drug InteractionsBiCNU may react with a number of other medicines (see BiCNU Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to receiving this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Lung disease
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see BiCNU and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see BiCNU and Breastfeeding).